Monday, March 8, 2010

St. Patrick's Shirt

Shirt's done!



This was one of the more difficult things I've made. The collar was a b...witch. I don't think I'm completely done with it. I had a hard time with the buttonholes for some reason. Then the buttonholes I made were too big so I'm going to have to stitch them up a little. I think I want to add a hook and eye to the top to make it lay a little better. I also probably could have gone a size smaller, but I didn't want to risk it. There are four "ninja pockets". (As in you can't really see them unless you are looking. Like a ninja...of love?)



Next I'm working on Alex's St. Pat's shirt. It has frogs and I'm thinking of appliqueing a t-shirt to go with it. Since the jammies I made him turned out too big I was at a loss on what pattern to do the shirt in since the two patterns I was considering didn't have XS. Just Small which is for I think size 5 so my three almost 4 year old would drown in it. Then I realized I had something I'm going to call Pattern Blindness. I had bought Simplicity 2907 for the vest and hadn't even seen the dress shirt pattern for up to size four. (The vest is totally on my to do list when I find the right fabulous material.)

One shirt down, one to go. Hope I can keep up the speed and get the shirt done before St. Patrick's Day. It will be cute either way, but I had envisioned it for St. Pat's.

Since I finished it today I'm going to share it on Made By You Monday on Skip To My Lou. Bam!



1 comment:

  1. Way cute!! You did a great job!! Sizing is so tricky with patterns. I am at the large end of the range for a 14, but even a 12 is sometimes too large. In fact in one New Look pattern I was an 8, despite the measurements universally telling me I'm a 14. Whatever. I always measure the pattern before I decide what size to trace and then tissue fit it before I get going. And even then sometimes it's too big. At least it is easier to take things in than let them out...

    ReplyDelete