Sunday, February 14, 2010

Projects On The Horizon

I have the materials needed to get started on a few things. I was trying to do a 20-min project, but the stretch knit I was using was ticking me off so I'm moving on. These are the two projects I'm going to be working on. With no time and space (esp space) I have a hard time completing projects in a quick like a bunny speed so these may take me a little while.

#1

First we have jammies for Alex. I was going to use this flannel for a backpack, but decided I wanted to do that in another fabric (that I have to set aside money for) so I had asked on Facebook for ideas for this material. Katie (Kadiddlehopper) recommended this pattern. Looks pretty straight forward and Alex loves Clifford.

#2



This is a shirt for me! How about that. I love this pattern and think I will probably use it often. I'm planning on making the short sleeve with the sash.

Hopefully, these will not take me a really long time to complete. I didn't see a fabric at the local Joann that I liked for a Alex shirt for St. Patty's, but sometime this week I should be in Pittsburgh again for a toddler zoo class so I'm hoping to make it to the big Joann across from the mall I like. At least Simplicity patterns were on sale 5 for $5 so I got some from my list. I also got a rotary cutter. I've never worked with a rotary cutter and hopefully no one gets cut (least of all me).

1 comment: