Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Little Celebrating The Boy For The Little Boy



Today Made By Rae featured a project by Mme Zsazsa for one of the last days of Celebrate The Boy Month. Dinosaur Mittens! I had to make them for my little monster.

(Survival of the Fittest)

It took me a while to find unclaimed buttons. These were in my sewing kit at the bottom from Wal-mart eons ago. Inspired by Mme Zsazsa's jacket with the spikes on the back I added some to the mittens. I didn't cuff them, but I can always go back and do that later. Full disclosure, I originally sewed one of the buttons to the wrong side so he would have been looking up from under Alex's palm instead of the top of his hand. That's ok though, I had stitched the thumb funny anyway so I just seam ripped it a little and then sewed the button back on. Then I realized the button was half way down the cuff.... So I hand sewed the button on to the correct place in the end. Anyway, they aren't perfect, but they are perfect for Alex.

It also occurred to me they look a little more like sharks than dinosaurs, but, either way, very boyish.

1 comment: