Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let's Do This!

I'm going to be doing a sew along!  I "like" Simplicity patterns on Facebook and they will be doing a sew along starting tomorrow to make a skirt.  They are doing Simplicity 2185, but the only requirements were that it had to be a Simplicity or New Look pattern preferrably with a zipper.  I'm going to go with New Look 6899 View B.

She looks SO thrilled.
The fabric is from the tutti frutti collection at Joann Fabrics.  I'm a little concerned about the fabric.  I wanted something light and festive, but I'm worried it's going to be a little clown-ish.  I really like this pattern and if I get overly ambitious I can see myself making one of the tops in the pattern too.

I still have three other projects I'm working on, but this will get completed as the sew along progresses.

2 comments:

  1. Cute fabric! Are you planning to line it? Plisse is so lightweight, I'm always afraid of show through with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't planning on it. I'm not exactly sure how to without pattern instructions. I can guess, but I don't want to make a mess of it. I'm hoping with a white slip it won't show too much (probably won't wear the neon pink underwear though).

    ReplyDelete