Monday, April 18, 2011

In A World Of Pure Imagination...

Finally!  This past week I finally took my sewing machine out of it's box and unpacked some boxes of fabric and notions.  I even completed some projects.  Unfortunately, you are going to have to use your imagination for right now because I didn't take pictures of the finished projects.  I had a baby shower to attend Sunday and a smart woman would have started making the gifts the moment she found out...this woman started it the day before...after walk/running seven miles.  I was up till midnight and tried to fix some things the morning of, but they were completed and I think that's what counts.

The first thing I made was a baby blanket.


This was the first thing I thought of to make when the shower was mentioned.  I had this fleece in my possession since 2006.  Since I have a boy I'm not sure why I bought it, but now I'm glad I did.  I did have to go out and get the blanket binding.  The original blanket was going to take two packages of binding, but I had only bought one.  I went back to get another, but I got the wrong color (picutured is "hot pink", the blanket has "shocking pink").  My husband pointed out that the original size blanket was going to be super huge for a tiny tiny person so it was downsized to a square.

Gift two was a bib.
I always raid the remnant bins at Jo-ann Fabrics and at some point had picked up vinyl and this cute fabric.  Add the leftover bias tape from the Buzz Lightyear costume.  I used pattern Simplicity 2924.  It wasn't perfect.  My husband pointed out that it was good enough for a baby to spit up on.  (He's so helpful, lol.)

I added a newborn dress that I couldn't resist at Target and a small loaf of banana walnut chocolate chip bread (recipe from Food Network Magazine).  I was very proud of the way it all turned out (although I was apologizing like crazy because that things weren't perfect at the shower).

Coming up, I still have Al's vest.  It's all cut out and taunting me.  I didn't even start the pants yet.  I think I may see if I can find a bigger pattern to fit my big butt. 

In the meantime I'm going to (hopefully) make a dress for myself.  Gotta love the selfish sewing!
McCall's 6037 View C
Hopefully the dress will be finished before the summer ends.

I also received my first issue of Ottobre Design Woman.  See that face.  She's saying "Hello, make my clothes!".

I feels good to be getting back into the groove.  I'm already thinking about Halloween costumes.  My son, having conquered being Buzz, has decided he wants to be Woody.  As I was going through my blog today I realized I never updated with completed Buzz costume.  I had made some updates before the actual party last September.  I will look for that and update soon.

Thanks to all my readers that have stuck with me!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, back in the saddle! The print from your dress is cute, and i can't wait to hear what you think of Ottobre Woman. I love the kids magazine, but haven't yet gotten the women's version.

    ReplyDelete