Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Dress

This is the dress I've been working on.



It's So Easy It's Simplicity. (I hate when they pass up an opportunity for a good pun. Why not It's Sew Easy It's Simplicity?) It's also a size 16 because I bought the wrong package. I am not a size 16. That shirt I made for St. Pat's was a 20 because I made the rookie mistake of going by my bust measurement so it was too large.

This is how far I've gotten:



Like many projects before it the is a stall at the zipper. I know I'm just going to have to suck it up and put it on, but I'm just being lazy about it right now. I tried it on and it fits in a lot of places....except the boobs. Once the zipper's in I'm going to pray it zips up on my body. I have wonder-wear that may help it along.

Next up...one shirt, three different fabrics. That's the plan anyway. I have three different stretch knits that I'm making into the same shirt pattern. I know that's a little weird. I buy the same shirt in different patterns in off the rack too, drives my husband crazy (says the man with 15 different polo shirts).

1 comment:

  1. Love that pattern and fabric! It's going to be a great dress. I was not really a multi-shopper, but I definitely am a multi sewer! Once I find a pattern that really works, I often sew it several times. The top I was wearing today I have 5 of...

    ReplyDelete