Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Narrow Hems Are The Devil


So that's where I'm at today. I'm making a really simple top out of jersey knit. A really really soft jersey knit. (I love touching it so you can imagine how much I want to wear it.)

View B

Thing is that the bodice is all 3/8 with a narrow hem. Really hard on my eyes. Hems annoy the crud out of me anyway. Necessary, but annoying. I just want to sew pieces together!

Also annoying, if I have more than one of the same piece it always seems the first piece I don't usually have a problem with the hem or attaching the sleeve or whatever needs to be done, but I ALWAYS have a problem with the second one. I did the armhole on the first side with no problems so imagine my surprise when the second armhole didn't want to cooperate. This has happened to me with almost every garment I've done on my new machine. The first one always makes me go, "Oh, well that was easy. This will be quick." Doesn't work out that way.

I think I may need more deadlines in my life. I know that when I was trying to finish those St. Pat's shirts I was on a roll, but with no deadlines except Sept for our next Disney vacation I'm not pushing myself as hard to finish any projects.

Excuse the grammar mistakes, by brain no work right today. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be cute when you get it done!! Narrow hems are painful! I often add an extra hem allowance so they aren't so fussy.

    ReplyDelete