Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Love My Ass...

but, evidently, Simplicity does not.  Amazing Fit my err...ass.  I'm so very frustrated with these pants right now.  I measure and measure and I can't seem to make it work.  I measured my (high) waist and it's a 40, then I measure my hips and they are a 49 (baby got back to spare).  This, of course, is off chart for the pattern.  Finally, I measured my crotch length and it was, no surprise, off chart as well. 

Calculating from the chart on the back of the pattern I might have been able to get away with a 24, but my pattern doesn't go up that far.  (I want to state for the record I have a Levi's size 14 jean in my closet that I wear often and my ass is fabulous in them.)  I'm considering tracing the largest size (22) and then I will have to make adjustments.  I pulled out my Fit for Real People to figure out what needs to be done.  Apparently this book is only useful for shirt, skirts, and dresses.  They have a whole other book for pants.  That's just wrong.

I'm also considering just chucking it out the window and having my personal cabana boy serve me a Pina Colada...

Option three is to just put it on the backburner and make Alex's vest. 

Perhaps a combo of two and three?

2 comments:

  1. ...Which is why there is a whole book for pants... They are highly frustrating!! I've one of those amazing fit pants patterns that I haven't touched, mostly because I'm scared of them. I'm told that European patterns accommodate a more realistic butt. I'd be able to tell you except that I always cheat and sew wide leg pants that only have to fit my waist. Bleah, pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure, bring logic into this, lol. I just wish they would include all the adjustments in one book.

    ReplyDelete