Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame....



My latest project was a pair of shorts for Alex (4 as of May 8!) to wear to T-Ball (Tee Ball?).  In my previous post (Stash) I had mentioned the fabric my mom had sent me that was gray with a blue stripe.  Well, it was just begging to be turned into shorts.  I used Simplicity 2907, which was the same pattern I used to make Alex's St. Pat's button up shirt.  I made them in 3T and didn't do the top stitching on the left leg because it just didn't seem to go with the feeling I was looking for.  I also didn't sew on the top of the lower pocket.  I have it, but I was in a hurry.  I have the piece and may put it on later.  I really love the waistband which isn't elastic all around which makes it flat in the front.  Alex is a boy so pockets are always fascinating to him.  My husband really liked the fake fly on the front.



The funny thing about making these was that I had them completely cut out Thursday May 6 and then sewed them almost to completion on Friday May 7.  Then they sat around waiting for the waistband and hem till Saturday May 15 (right before a T-ball game).  I had meant to finish them the Monday before, but there were obstacles.  Not only did I have a hard time finding the time to do it, but it had gotten cold so he wasn't going to be able to wear them anyway.

So they were finished Saturday just in time...

3 comments:

  1. Too cute!! Nice job matching the stripes on the pockets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stripe matching was a total accident, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the gray and blue stripe is perfect for ball shorts! Way too cute.

    ReplyDelete