Monday, April 5, 2010

Stash

For the majority of my "sewing life" I've always picked a pattern or project, bought exactly what I needed, and not had much left over. So that means really no stash. Well, with stress, boredom and, of course, my new sewing machine I now have a stash of fabric that I don't really have a plan for.

I tried to only buy for projects I had planned, but sometimes I needed to spend above a certain amount to use my coupon or get free shipping (I'm all about the free shipping) so I would get an extra yard or two of something else. Sometimes it was just on sale and I would think I had a plan for it.

Official "stash" status came with the box my mom just sent me with fabrics from her old stash. I spent this afternoon measuring it all out. Ten different fabrics, from about 1-4.5 yards, and six patterns.



Highlights:


One with farm animals on it (for an apron I'm guessing?),


one funky paisley (will make a great jacket/shrug),


a grey with navy stripe that reminds me of a baseball uniform,


and a pink print that looks like it was from 1985.

I have no idea what to do with the 80's print (big oversized off the shoulder tee with leggings and slouch socks?), but it just cracks me up when I look at it.

To top it off she sent a Hancock fabric gift card (don't have one near me, but can online order) so I can get even more fabric.

She also sent me a book from Amazon. Fit for Real People: Sew Great Clothes Using ANY Pattern by Pati Palmer and Marta Alto. Now I can figure out how to fit my fantastic boobs into patterns!


1 comment: