Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New First Post

After spending weeks looking at other people's craft/hobby blogs I decided to just say "why not?" and put a blog out for the things I'm working on. I just moved to West Virginia a little over two months ago from Round Rock, TX (suburb of Austin). Since my son was born in May of 06 I haven't spent a whole lot of time on hobbies. Then my husband took a job in Iraq for two years in Oct 07. That really cut my hobby time. My half finished projects double my finished projects and most of what I make is never seen by any other than my son and husband. I didn't have many crafty friends and didn't really connect with the crafty women I met.

On this blog what I'm hoping to do is show what I am working on and what I've made. Eventually I will put up the links of the blogs I love to read for ideas. Fingers crossed I will actually have some stuff to show. I'm interested in croquet, scrapbooking, cooking, and sewing.

I'm very interested in photography, but so far am not so good at it. Not that I'm stellar at the other stuff, but if I had to pick a big weakness it's my photography which seems to get worse as I get older (I have very nice pics from my teenage years to early twenties). It may be my camera that I bought in May 08. I hate that camera. Anyway, point is I will photograph what I've made, but I will probably not be very proud of the pics. Hopefully, they will get better. Perhaps if I can unearth the camera manual from a moving box somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment