Wednesday, February 17, 2010

If It's Not One Thing....

When we moved from TX to WV we moved ourselves using you pack cubes. This was a big mistake. Amidst all the stressing and crying we had too much stuff to fit in our 4 cubes so A LOT of stuff was trashed. Things we thought we would replace once we got to WV.

One of those things was an iron. I have no idea how old our iron was or what made me pick that particular one. I know we'd had it for years. I thought buying a new one was no big deal. Just go to Wal-mart and pick out one. MISTAKE. I evidently picked the wrong one. My husband had used it one time with a lot of swearing. I thought he was over-reacting and it couldn't be that bad. I was so wrong.

We aren't big iron people. Most of the time I either get the clothes right out of the dryer or use the dryer-wet cloth method or even hang in the shower method. For the coat I made I used sew-in interfacing on fleece so no iron involved. The jammies I'm working on for Alex use the fusible kind. Problem: The iron, even on the highest level, isn't hot enough to fuse the interfacing. It doesn't even get the damp cloth dry.

I never thought I would miss an inanimate object so much.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, a good iron is so critical to happy sewing. I'm actually pretty unhappy with mine, so I'm in search of a good one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out from looking around online that it's not the brand, but my particular iron that has something wrong with it. Didn't find anyone else complaining about the same thing. Sent them a service request, but will probably just go buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete